Home
So I'm home.
Officially landed at 9pm, Monday night. It was a bad day to travel. I must admit, I am VERY disappointed with the veryfuckedup MAS. Firstly, the lady at the counter didn't allow me the extra 2kg in my (not mine, but Edwin's... I curi) Country Road bag. I wanted to tell her the security don't make you weigh the bag when you enter but she insisted I weigh it in front of her and demanded I took out some stuff into my check-in luggage. This increased my luggage's weight and in the end, I was 4kg+ overweight. She told me I had to chuck some stuff away unless I was "happy" to pay. So in her face, I told her "yeah I'm very happy to pay" and she mumbled something like, "alright then". She made me run all the way to the payment counter which was situated at the domestic section and in the end, I was poorer by $100 (and running back to the check in counter to collect my boarding pass!).
Next up, after all the hassle, when I boarded the plane, I realised that my in-flight entertainment system wasn't working! WTF! I wanted to watch Waitress or No Reservations or Transformers or The Simpsons movie but NO, I couldn't. Because it wasn't working. All they did was to say sorry. For eight freaking hours, I was feeling SO restless. Finally, after I landed, I quickly passed through the immigration and stood at the waiting area to collect my luggage. I waited, I watched other people pick up their luggage and leave, I stood there patiently hoping to see my luggage and alas, my luggage didn't turn up. They left it behind in Melbourne. Even after I paid AUD$100 for the excess weight, they fucked things up. A very nice Malay lady who was working there helped me out. She told me to make a report in some "room". I followed her instructions and I told the lady at the counter:
"Errr beg saya, boleh jumpa punya kan?"
"Boleh la cik. Pasti boleh la. Saya akan check dengan Melbourne."
"Berapa lama?"
"Kalau jumpa kat aeroplane sebelum dia transit, malam ini pun kita hantar kasi you. Kalau tertinggal kat Melbourne, esok la".
"Ok, pasti ya? Sebab luggage itu sangat penting. Satu hidup saya dalam sana tau." (So drama but I said that)
"Ya ke?"
-___-"
The most retarded answer I've ever received.
I got out around 10.20pm and my siblings were there to greet me. Sis drove, and we stopped by the new Oldtown Kopitiam near our place before heading home. At least the nasi lemak rendang cheered me up. We played with the Wii before I went to bed.. still feeling very restless. Knowing me, I was pretty much awake for most of the night thinking about my luggage. In the end, I woke up at 9 freaking am to call MAS again to ask about my luggage. After ringing for about four times (no one picked up.. must be having their teh pagi), a girl picked up. She checked my reference number and told me, "Miss Kwan, luggage you sudah sampai la. Ambil flight pagi ini." THEN WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU CALL ME?? *fumes* In the end, a very nice guy delivered the luggage to my house around 12pm. Lucky thing it was still intact. Had they pry open my luggage I'll seriously fuck all of them up the wall. So I paid RM3k+ for the ticket and in the end all I got was lousy service, no in-flight entertainment system and a lost luggage. Seriously, the worst travel experience of my life.
**********
Digressing, I am glad to be back, to find that my room has been stocked up with some lovely outfits mum got me from Shanghai. Besides that, I was treated to a delish dinner at Oversea (sans s, don't know why) restaurant last night (also because my dear cousin bro is leaving to Brissy today). The only thing missing was Peking Duck. Damn. I made dad order a plate of kangkung belacan and mum was like, "pffft that one go tai chau there eat only laaa" hehe. But he ordered anyway so yeah, sedap!!! But the BEST dish there seriously, has got to be their salted fish and pork belly. Seriously the bestttttttttttttt.
Today, I had my maid's nasi lemak for dinner (*yummmm*) and although I didn't follow my mum and aunt to Pavilion to do their shopping, mum was kind enough to get me a new top from Forever 21! AHH! The great feeling of being home and pampered. One word: Superb.
Sorry for ranting on and on endlessly about my sad life and occasionally, sounding like a pathetic bimbo. I'm just glad to be home and as usual, I need time to warm up before I venture out (just like how when I always reach Melbourne). Current status: Recluse.
Officially landed at 9pm, Monday night. It was a bad day to travel. I must admit, I am VERY disappointed with the veryfuckedup MAS. Firstly, the lady at the counter didn't allow me the extra 2kg in my (not mine, but Edwin's... I curi) Country Road bag. I wanted to tell her the security don't make you weigh the bag when you enter but she insisted I weigh it in front of her and demanded I took out some stuff into my check-in luggage. This increased my luggage's weight and in the end, I was 4kg+ overweight. She told me I had to chuck some stuff away unless I was "happy" to pay. So in her face, I told her "yeah I'm very happy to pay" and she mumbled something like, "alright then". She made me run all the way to the payment counter which was situated at the domestic section and in the end, I was poorer by $100 (and running back to the check in counter to collect my boarding pass!).
Next up, after all the hassle, when I boarded the plane, I realised that my in-flight entertainment system wasn't working! WTF! I wanted to watch Waitress or No Reservations or Transformers or The Simpsons movie but NO, I couldn't. Because it wasn't working. All they did was to say sorry. For eight freaking hours, I was feeling SO restless. Finally, after I landed, I quickly passed through the immigration and stood at the waiting area to collect my luggage. I waited, I watched other people pick up their luggage and leave, I stood there patiently hoping to see my luggage and alas, my luggage didn't turn up. They left it behind in Melbourne. Even after I paid AUD$100 for the excess weight, they fucked things up. A very nice Malay lady who was working there helped me out. She told me to make a report in some "room". I followed her instructions and I told the lady at the counter:
"Errr beg saya, boleh jumpa punya kan?"
"Boleh la cik. Pasti boleh la. Saya akan check dengan Melbourne."
"Berapa lama?"
"Kalau jumpa kat aeroplane sebelum dia transit, malam ini pun kita hantar kasi you. Kalau tertinggal kat Melbourne, esok la".
"Ok, pasti ya? Sebab luggage itu sangat penting. Satu hidup saya dalam sana tau." (So drama but I said that)
"Ya ke?"
-___-"
The most retarded answer I've ever received.
I got out around 10.20pm and my siblings were there to greet me. Sis drove, and we stopped by the new Oldtown Kopitiam near our place before heading home. At least the nasi lemak rendang cheered me up. We played with the Wii before I went to bed.. still feeling very restless. Knowing me, I was pretty much awake for most of the night thinking about my luggage. In the end, I woke up at 9 freaking am to call MAS again to ask about my luggage. After ringing for about four times (no one picked up.. must be having their teh pagi), a girl picked up. She checked my reference number and told me, "Miss Kwan, luggage you sudah sampai la. Ambil flight pagi ini." THEN WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU CALL ME?? *fumes* In the end, a very nice guy delivered the luggage to my house around 12pm. Lucky thing it was still intact. Had they pry open my luggage I'll seriously fuck all of them up the wall. So I paid RM3k+ for the ticket and in the end all I got was lousy service, no in-flight entertainment system and a lost luggage. Seriously, the worst travel experience of my life.
**********
Digressing, I am glad to be back, to find that my room has been stocked up with some lovely outfits mum got me from Shanghai. Besides that, I was treated to a delish dinner at Oversea (sans s, don't know why) restaurant last night (also because my dear cousin bro is leaving to Brissy today). The only thing missing was Peking Duck. Damn. I made dad order a plate of kangkung belacan and mum was like, "pffft that one go tai chau there eat only laaa" hehe. But he ordered anyway so yeah, sedap!!! But the BEST dish there seriously, has got to be their salted fish and pork belly. Seriously the bestttttttttttttt.
Today, I had my maid's nasi lemak for dinner (*yummmm*) and although I didn't follow my mum and aunt to Pavilion to do their shopping, mum was kind enough to get me a new top from Forever 21! AHH! The great feeling of being home and pampered. One word: Superb.
Sorry for ranting on and on endlessly about my sad life and occasionally, sounding like a pathetic bimbo. I'm just glad to be home and as usual, I need time to warm up before I venture out (just like how when I always reach Melbourne). Current status: Recluse.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home