You make me feel...
Last night's concert was simply AMAZING. FANTASTIC. AWESOME. BREATH TAKING. GREAT. THE BEST.
We reached Rod Laver Arena at around 7pm. We = me, Edwin, Linda, Eujin and Shaun. Obviously it started off pretty late, thanks to Chris Cornell (Audioslave frontman) hogging the stage for almost an hour (and you call that an opening act, pffft!). At approximately 9.30pm, Linkin Park came on stage and I tell you, from there onwards, they totally blew me away. The singing was good (how Chester can sing that long with that voice amazes me), the lighting was superb, the seats & view were great (we were seated at the side of the stage, about 10 rows away), the crowd was a sell-out, the backdrop weren't too bad... In a bottom line, it was the best concert I've ever attended! Ever.
Here, it reminded me very much about the past. How, back in form two, I was so crazy over them, where my sister and I will buy magazines and tear out posters of them (me: Rob, her: Mike). We sing along to all their songs; listen to their music on our hi-fi sets, our mp3s, our computers, on Astro's MTV; gush about our "darlings" non-stop; watch their video clips and go "omfg he's mine! so hot!". And then, in 2003, when we found out they were coming to KL for a concert, we dragged dad to Hard Rock Cafe in KL to buy us tickets. He did, and even bought another three more to "bribe" my cousins to be our supervisors. Cousin Cheong Hiam and his girlfriend picked me, sis and cousin Liza to the concert at Stadium Merdeka. We were soooo excited - we brought sandwiches heheh. At that time, I thought it was good enough, albeit the restrictions imposed on them by the government (no cursing, no jumping wtf) and also because some people were opposing it, citing religious reasons bleh.
And three years down, I witness something so different. A total rock concert kinda feeling, you hear them greet you using the f-word, you see them jump around the stage... you see something so different from what you saw in KL. The saddest thing? They won't be going back to KL despite the big fan base there... I reckon it has something to do with you-know-what. No one's going to go there anymore with all these continuing. First, you fine the PCD, then, you get strict on Gwen... the next thing you know, Beyonce isn't coming anymore and that's the only news you get about Msia in US and Australia news. Geez, so malu. They rather visit Bangkok and Singapore. :(
Digressing, we "jumped", sang along, shouted, screamed, cheered, did the hand thing throughout the whole concert and we all left REALLY satisfied.
Great music, great company = Great fun.
We ended the night dining (at 11.15pm, mind you!) at the "Golden arches". What more can I ask for? :)

Rob, I used to like you so much and i always will! Lol. I'm smitten once more.
We reached Rod Laver Arena at around 7pm. We = me, Edwin, Linda, Eujin and Shaun. Obviously it started off pretty late, thanks to Chris Cornell (Audioslave frontman) hogging the stage for almost an hour (and you call that an opening act, pffft!). At approximately 9.30pm, Linkin Park came on stage and I tell you, from there onwards, they totally blew me away. The singing was good (how Chester can sing that long with that voice amazes me), the lighting was superb, the seats & view were great (we were seated at the side of the stage, about 10 rows away), the crowd was a sell-out, the backdrop weren't too bad... In a bottom line, it was the best concert I've ever attended! Ever.
Here, it reminded me very much about the past. How, back in form two, I was so crazy over them, where my sister and I will buy magazines and tear out posters of them (me: Rob, her: Mike). We sing along to all their songs; listen to their music on our hi-fi sets, our mp3s, our computers, on Astro's MTV; gush about our "darlings" non-stop; watch their video clips and go "omfg he's mine! so hot!". And then, in 2003, when we found out they were coming to KL for a concert, we dragged dad to Hard Rock Cafe in KL to buy us tickets. He did, and even bought another three more to "bribe" my cousins to be our supervisors. Cousin Cheong Hiam and his girlfriend picked me, sis and cousin Liza to the concert at Stadium Merdeka. We were soooo excited - we brought sandwiches heheh. At that time, I thought it was good enough, albeit the restrictions imposed on them by the government (no cursing, no jumping wtf) and also because some people were opposing it, citing religious reasons bleh.
And three years down, I witness something so different. A total rock concert kinda feeling, you hear them greet you using the f-word, you see them jump around the stage... you see something so different from what you saw in KL. The saddest thing? They won't be going back to KL despite the big fan base there... I reckon it has something to do with you-know-what. No one's going to go there anymore with all these continuing. First, you fine the PCD, then, you get strict on Gwen... the next thing you know, Beyonce isn't coming anymore and that's the only news you get about Msia in US and Australia news. Geez, so malu. They rather visit Bangkok and Singapore. :(
Digressing, we "jumped", sang along, shouted, screamed, cheered, did the hand thing throughout the whole concert and we all left REALLY satisfied.
Great music, great company = Great fun.
We ended the night dining (at 11.15pm, mind you!) at the "Golden arches". What more can I ask for? :)

Rob, I used to like you so much and i always will! Lol. I'm smitten once more.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home