Friday, June 06, 2008

Distractions, much

Halfway through "Duration and convexity of bonds", sitting in the packed library, my mind started to drift away. And suddenly, I was presented with a plate of rice, with a bowl of hot hot soup, a plate of stir fried "kangkung belacan" and a plate of fish (with the head and tail, mind you, because I am so fucking sick of eating filleted fish). I looked at it with glee, and started digging in without thinking much. Then, I was presented with a plate of papaya and ended my meal with a bowl of birds nest with chilled soya bean drink. I washed down everything with a hot cup of Chinese tea.

And obviously, I realised, I was hungry. And miserable.

Oh snap.

Besides that, the cold weather is starting to make me eat more. And more. And more. It seems that after every two hours or so, I get hungry and I have the urge to snack. What's unbelievable is that I even crave for rice! Rice & Kwan Ei-Leen?? That = a BIG no-no!

So whatever it is, I cannot wait for June 19th to come because then I am officially free for the semester, that is, until results time come along. That is entirely a different story la.

Digressing, today I took some time out to catch Sex and the City with Sarah and Shaun at Hoyts. We were the only three who caught the entire series so we decided to catch the movie. We arrived at the cinema at 6.15pm only to find that the entire place was overloaded with estrogen. Sarah and I deduced that the only two categories who would watch the movie were either (i) Female or (ii) Gays. Then mum messaged me and said they could be metrosexuals too. As for Shaun? He was just being a good boyfriend, accompanying his girlfriend to the movie. As for my boyfriend? Firmly said "no thanks" even before I finished asking him if he would like to join us for the movie. Thankfully we bought the tickets online because it was all sold out, and there was actually a queue going up the escalator to the cinema, crazy queues to buy snacks/food and even a QUEUE to enter the cinema!! Total full house and total madness. The best part? The giggles, laughters, cheers and claps from everyone in the hall.

The movie was awesome, pretty much because I am a sucker for happy ending movies and also because I have been a fan of the series since my mum introduced it to me a few years back. Everything was great - the storyline, the clothes, the shoes, the bags.... and best of all? Uncensored, baby! Quite a whole lot of nudity in there, but obviously none from Carrie herself, even Charlotte sorta bared herself at one part... So yeah. Got to enjoy the movie without any disruptions.

I think I am half of Miranda and half of Charlotte in a sense. I can never, ever be Samantha because I am never going to have that much of confidence and personality and neither can I be Carrie because... I just can't. So I guess I'm a cross between Miranda and Charlotte. And I certainly wouldn't mind marrying someone like Big.



I'm going to catch You Don't Mess With The Zohan after exams!!! Saw the trailer and it was hilarious!!!! I can't wait!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home