Affairs before the new year...
A little bit outdated but here are some of the affairs before Chinese New Year... I know my blog has sorta turned into a "food blog" with all the food-pictures but I guess it's better that way than to pour my heart and soul out.... and then someone reads it, spreads it to the whole wide world, adding salt and pepper... a vicious cycle la basically. Then why still blog, you ask? I think in a way it's a good way for me to remember certain events and also, family members and friends can keep in touch with me by reading it (at least they know that I'm still alive).
So on one of the Tuesdays, the Melbourne gang finally met up. We had dinner at Shogun, One Utama, which was sort of like a Japanese buffet fare, almost similar to Jogoya, but on a muchmuchmuch smaller scale. Besides the Japanese food, they also had a mix of Asian and western food, which means = fusion. Props to Pris for taking the time and effort to invite everyone and organise this outing! :) After dinner, we proceeded to Centrepoint's Starbucks for drinks. A number of us have not seen each other since leaving Melbourne two months back so it was a good opportunity to catch up.
In attendance: Edwin, me, Elaine, Mark, Joseph, Mayn, Pris, Sarah, Chor Yeow and Yen Shan
I would say that the food at Shogun was only so-so (nothing special) and for the amount that we paid (RM64 per person), we could've had a better meal somewhere else. The company on the other hand, was awesome! :)
The following Tuesday Vonne dropped by KLCC to pay our hairstylist a visit for her pre-CNY haircut. Joe and I decided to tag along and as we were too bored walking around (nothing to see since we go there so often), we decided to sit down and have a cup of drink at Marmalade (originated from BV2). I ordered a cup of hot chocolate and to my surprise, it was actually pretty good! (Melbourne hot chocolate wins hands down) Anyway, the price was pretty reasonable and the design (heart shape) looked really cute so I decided to take a picture of it.

After waiting for what seems like forever, she called and we proceeded to have lunch at Chilli's. She was in a good mood so she treated us (after we called dad over but got turned down because he was having his own lunch with his friends at BSC instead -_-").
Chilli's chilli fries. Available upon request (it's not in the menu), it's made up of thick cut potatoes with a lot a lot of mozzarella cheese, chilli and bacon bits; served with a bowl of i-don't-know-what-sauce. Very delicious but super sinful + fattening.
My um.. chicken (I forgot the name). I like it because they serve it with the garlic bread and mashed potato and I'm freaking particular when it comes to eating beef outside because I want my beef raw and tender.
Vonne wanted sirloin badly but they didn't offer so she went "vegetarian" instead, having broccoli cheese soup and caesar salad.
Rebel without a cause - piercings and PINK! (after being blond) hair.... it can only be my poser brother.
Once again I hope you guys are feeling a little hungry now, I'll post up pics about the new year soon!! :)
So on one of the Tuesdays, the Melbourne gang finally met up. We had dinner at Shogun, One Utama, which was sort of like a Japanese buffet fare, almost similar to Jogoya, but on a muchmuchmuch smaller scale. Besides the Japanese food, they also had a mix of Asian and western food, which means = fusion. Props to Pris for taking the time and effort to invite everyone and organise this outing! :) After dinner, we proceeded to Centrepoint's Starbucks for drinks. A number of us have not seen each other since leaving Melbourne two months back so it was a good opportunity to catch up.
In attendance: Edwin, me, Elaine, Mark, Joseph, Mayn, Pris, Sarah, Chor Yeow and Yen ShanI would say that the food at Shogun was only so-so (nothing special) and for the amount that we paid (RM64 per person), we could've had a better meal somewhere else. The company on the other hand, was awesome! :)
The following Tuesday Vonne dropped by KLCC to pay our hairstylist a visit for her pre-CNY haircut. Joe and I decided to tag along and as we were too bored walking around (nothing to see since we go there so often), we decided to sit down and have a cup of drink at Marmalade (originated from BV2). I ordered a cup of hot chocolate and to my surprise, it was actually pretty good! (Melbourne hot chocolate wins hands down) Anyway, the price was pretty reasonable and the design (heart shape) looked really cute so I decided to take a picture of it.

After waiting for what seems like forever, she called and we proceeded to have lunch at Chilli's. She was in a good mood so she treated us (after we called dad over but got turned down because he was having his own lunch with his friends at BSC instead -_-").
Chilli's chilli fries. Available upon request (it's not in the menu), it's made up of thick cut potatoes with a lot a lot of mozzarella cheese, chilli and bacon bits; served with a bowl of i-don't-know-what-sauce. Very delicious but super sinful + fattening.
My um.. chicken (I forgot the name). I like it because they serve it with the garlic bread and mashed potato and I'm freaking particular when it comes to eating beef outside because I want my beef raw and tender.
Vonne wanted sirloin badly but they didn't offer so she went "vegetarian" instead, having broccoli cheese soup and caesar salad.
Rebel without a cause - piercings and PINK! (after being blond) hair.... it can only be my poser brother.Once again I hope you guys are feeling a little hungry now, I'll post up pics about the new year soon!! :)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home