Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Piling on the pounds

Seriously, I feel that my blog is becoming a food blog cum pictures-filled blog... On the bright side, I think it's proper because I guess it's better not to become too private and personal in a blog, unless it's locked because you never know, once you write something too personal, it gets aired all over the place the next day, with multiple versions around (of course, with people adding their personal touches to it). Anyway, I digress. I refuse to elaborate on this matter any further.

It's no wonder why I can't seem to shed any weight because besides sleeping and shopping, the next best thing to do since I got home is to eat. Good food. Here are pictures of some recent outings:

The Gardens with Mayn and Mae
Two Sundays ago, we decided to go to The Gardens for dinner. Just for fun la since we were all pretty bored. We decided on Japanese, so we proceeded to dine at Yuzu.


Since everyone was craving for wagyu beef, we each ordered something that has that in it:

Mae's tempura and beef set

Mayn's "Yuzu" set - which has almost everything in it

My wagyu beef set... YUM

Bottom line, the food there was great, albeit pricey. Service wasn't too bad either, except for the time where you finish, then the service deteriorates because they expect you to pay and leave... Pfffft. After that, we had supper at Alexis (obviously not right after laaa).

Fruit meringue

Brownie

The pastries were quite ok, although yet again, it was a little overpriced. A great Sunday night which I think we should do more often!! :)

Lunch with the family @ KLCC's The Apartment
On Thaipusam, we went to KLCC for some shopping. Prior to that, we had lunch at The Apartment, which just recently opened at KLCC. This place's decor is absolutely divine. It's really pretty, modern and spacious. Also, the decorations are pretty quirky, as you can see from the pictures below.. like their chairs don't match for instance.





Food pictures:

Faye's bacon and poached eggs sandwich

Joe's steak sandwich

My green curry (chicken) with bread. I know the curry looks like a concoction of poo and vomit.

Vonne's lamb shank

Mum's "Jamie's pasta" (which is made up of fettuccine and duck)

Dad's duck and mango salad (my dad is a firm believer or "not taking pictures of food". hence, he started eating even before we took the camera out)

The food on the other hand, was just so-so. My curry had too much spices in it, Vonne's lamb wasn't tender enough, mum's pasta lacked salt and Joe's sandwich was a tad dry. Not to mention, the food were a little pricey. I'd say that for that kinda price, I rather visit Dome or Mdm Kwan's. Anyway, let's hope the food improves a little because according to mum, "I don't think I'll revisit this place unless the food improves". Also, they do not serve cupcakes here unlike the one at The Curve's.

Faye and I managed to persuade mum to tapau some cupcakes from Marmalade (that originates from Bangsar Village Two). The one on the left is peanut butter and cookies and cream on the right.


Pre-CNY family dinner V.2 at Unique Seafood, Cheras
This time it was dad's turn to treat his brothers and family. We decided on Unique Seafood, the Cheras branch. As I mentioned before, I think the one at PJ tastes better. Besides, they have more seafood on offer there.



The first table (mostly adults)

The second table consists of more kids:

Nicholas and his DS

Faye and Gladys both pretty in pink

Us with my cousin... No pictures of Le-Ann and Ee-Thern as the former wasn't in a good mood and the latter was sick.

Now, for the food:

Yee Sang with salmon

I-don't-know-what-vege with salted fish

I don't know the name of this soup but I'll call it the "treasure soup" because it has all those Chinese "treasures" in it. The fish's stomach or whatever, scallops, abalone, black chicken, mushroom, blablabla

Pork tendons

Suckling pig

Steamed fish

A variety of sausages...

... for the "lap mei fan"

Lastly, I present you my favourite dish, crabs with salted egg yolk. Absolutely delish.


So finally, I managed to upload all the pictures and blog about them. *pats self*

Are you hungry now? ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home