Going bonkers
So I have less than two months left back home before I get my ass back to Melbourne to resume my third year studies in university.
What have I been doing then, you may ask? My answer is simple. Absolutely simple. I've been doing nothing.
And this doing nothing thing is literally driving me insane. Any moment now, you can see me being strapped onto a stretcher and being driven off to a mental asylum.
I've also learned that without a car, you're fucked. My sister permanently hogs one because she has her classes to attend. My mum needs one to ferry my little sister to-and-from school and also to run errands. Because of that, my time using the car has been severely limited... and thus, the ability to go out and have some fun/free my mind.
Also, all these alone time is turning me into a person suffering from the early stages of schizophrenia. I find myself talking to myself, I find myself walking around the house aimlessly as though... I don't know. As though I'm sleepwalking. My brother is asleep when normal mortals are awake. He's like an owl. My little sister is growing through her "growing up" phase whereby she locks herself in her own room after coming home from school and when I go, "hey why you locking your door!" my mum retorts by saying, "eh! let people be la.. people needs some privacy too right..." Ok, fine. Things have gotten so bad that when my mum tells me, "eh let's go Tesco" I sort of quiver in excitement... Although that sounded quite exaggerated.
Bah.
I'm bored alright.
What have I been doing then, you may ask? My answer is simple. Absolutely simple. I've been doing nothing.
And this doing nothing thing is literally driving me insane. Any moment now, you can see me being strapped onto a stretcher and being driven off to a mental asylum.
I've also learned that without a car, you're fucked. My sister permanently hogs one because she has her classes to attend. My mum needs one to ferry my little sister to-and-from school and also to run errands. Because of that, my time using the car has been severely limited... and thus, the ability to go out and have some fun/free my mind.
Also, all these alone time is turning me into a person suffering from the early stages of schizophrenia. I find myself talking to myself, I find myself walking around the house aimlessly as though... I don't know. As though I'm sleepwalking. My brother is asleep when normal mortals are awake. He's like an owl. My little sister is growing through her "growing up" phase whereby she locks herself in her own room after coming home from school and when I go, "hey why you locking your door!" my mum retorts by saying, "eh! let people be la.. people needs some privacy too right..." Ok, fine. Things have gotten so bad that when my mum tells me, "eh let's go Tesco" I sort of quiver in excitement... Although that sounded quite exaggerated.
Bah.
I'm bored alright.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home