I'd like mine medium-rare, please
So recently, my second semester's results came out. As I've mentioned earlier on, I was very very very skeptical about my results because of ACE and Cost Management. I seriously thought I was going to flunk either one of them, or worse, both. FORTUNATELY, I didn't, and I can say that I'm safely through to year three now. UNFORTUNATELY, my results wasn't all that stellar, good enough to earn me a meal, not good enough to earn me anything more than the cost of the meal. ;) Anyway, I'm not that selfish to demand something equivalent to the meal and then deprive everyone else of a good dinner... I'd like to share what I earn with the people I love instead. HAHA.
Moving on, on Saturday night, I went shopping with the family at Pavilion. That place seems to be our new favourite hang out spot and the main intention of going there that day was to get winter jackets for my brother and sister. In the end, they got what they needed, and everyone was contented because everyone got new stuff from mum. Oh and Pavilion gives you this complimentary jar of cookies (courtesy of BreadTalk) whenever you purchase more than a certain amount in a single receipt. Personally, I thought the cookies didn't taste that bad, even though they were sesame cookies. After all the buying, we met up with dad for dinner at this place called Angus House, some charcoal-grill steakhouse. I got to choose the location and yeap, for a change, decided on something new (rather than dining at our usual places). We each settled for a "dinner set", comprising of a starter, soup, salad, main course and dessert.
The soup - Onion soup (would've been better if they had a slice of baguette with melted cheese on top)
My sister's main course - 150g of tenderloin steak, rare (brother had the same thing except that his was 200g, rare too, mum had medium rare like hers and dad settled for rare sirloin)
My rib-eye steak, medium rare umm... 100g I think. As much as I like raw beef, I think medium rare is the best way to enjoy a steak although I bet my siblings beg to differ!
*We ordered two trays of oysters too - one just raw ones with lemon and all that; and another one baked with cheese and topped with salsa dressing. Was good but I think we've had fresher/tastier ones!
All in all, I'd say that this place is superb. Albeit a little pricey (I think for the steaks, they start from RM80 upwards), the food they serve is fantastic and the steak.. ohmygod, we all agreed that it was one of the best steak we've tasted before. It was chargrilled to perfection, so tender, juicy and succulent. I guess we all had a great dinner and enjoyed ourselves very much, in which, in my opinion, is all that matters. :)
Moving on, on Saturday night, I went shopping with the family at Pavilion. That place seems to be our new favourite hang out spot and the main intention of going there that day was to get winter jackets for my brother and sister. In the end, they got what they needed, and everyone was contented because everyone got new stuff from mum. Oh and Pavilion gives you this complimentary jar of cookies (courtesy of BreadTalk) whenever you purchase more than a certain amount in a single receipt. Personally, I thought the cookies didn't taste that bad, even though they were sesame cookies. After all the buying, we met up with dad for dinner at this place called Angus House, some charcoal-grill steakhouse. I got to choose the location and yeap, for a change, decided on something new (rather than dining at our usual places). We each settled for a "dinner set", comprising of a starter, soup, salad, main course and dessert.
The soup - Onion soup (would've been better if they had a slice of baguette with melted cheese on top)
My sister's main course - 150g of tenderloin steak, rare (brother had the same thing except that his was 200g, rare too, mum had medium rare like hers and dad settled for rare sirloin)
My rib-eye steak, medium rare umm... 100g I think. As much as I like raw beef, I think medium rare is the best way to enjoy a steak although I bet my siblings beg to differ! *We ordered two trays of oysters too - one just raw ones with lemon and all that; and another one baked with cheese and topped with salsa dressing. Was good but I think we've had fresher/tastier ones!
All in all, I'd say that this place is superb. Albeit a little pricey (I think for the steaks, they start from RM80 upwards), the food they serve is fantastic and the steak.. ohmygod, we all agreed that it was one of the best steak we've tasted before. It was chargrilled to perfection, so tender, juicy and succulent. I guess we all had a great dinner and enjoyed ourselves very much, in which, in my opinion, is all that matters. :)





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home