Mission - Bukit Bintang
So after breakfast, we headed to Bukit Bintang. Parked at Lot 10 and our first stop was at Tumi, Starhill. It's this shop that sells bags and luggage at an exorbitant price. See, we were on a mission for dad - to help him get a bag.
This stupid bag costs RM1,625! Sis and I were shaking our heads in disbelief when the salesgirl told us about the price... I mean, it's only a travelling bag! Since the bag was so freaking big, we left it at the shop and walked over to Low Yat. Ummm frankly speaking, it's probably my second time or so "shopping" at low yat my entire life, so naturally, I was worried. The place's a little dodgy with shady looking men attempting to persuade you to buy something from their shop/booth. Anyhow, we spent close to two hours (or so) walking around and in the end, we bought:
- A laptop cooler (Looks like a flat plate to thaw meat!)
- Discs
- Cable
- Flashdrive
- 160Gb external hard disk
- Laptop ram

Out of the stuff listed above, the only thing that was mine was the flashdrive. My sister bought the rest (except the ram... it's for someone). I'm not a computer kinda person, so I don't need any of the stuff above but after the trip, I realised that I actually quite like walking around Low Yat looking at the computer/laptop accessories. It's pretty interesting scouting for the shop that offers the lower price, looking at pamphlets and attempting to decipher the jargons they use... You know, it's not that bad afterall. Especially when you get to buy anything with the credit card (where every shop we went they asked, "miss ah, you know got 2% charge wan wor?). So yeah, in the end, it was a rather fruitful trip. My sister was especially elevated, she got most of the stuff she wanted.
Feeling extremely tired, hot and stuffy, we decided to walk back over to Lot 10. Had our "tea-time" at Dome, and I swore, the moment I sipped my ice green tea, the feeling was almost orgasmic. It was such a thirst-quencher! We shared a vegetarian bruschetta and they could've done better with less balsamic vinegar. After resting, we embraced the heat outside once more to pick up the bag from Starhill. The bag was rather heavy so I had to lug it all the way back to our car at Lot 10... After such a tiring day, we left around 4+. Quite an enjoyable day i must say!
Today, we went to The Curve with mum. The three of us had breakfast at Paddington's and although the food's good, I was disappointed as we were literally their first customer of the day and the waitress told me that they ran out of ice lemon tea. So ok, i ordered coke instead, only to be told moments later that they ran out of coke too! I mean, come on, running out of drinks at the start of the day?? Pffft. Sis thinks that it's a gimmick to get customers to order the more expensive drinks - in which I settled for a smoothie. After breakfast, we walked around a bit and accompanied mum to do some grocery shopping at Cold Storage. Also, we bought some doughnuts from "Big Apple" to try. It wasn't all that bad (especially the oreo flavoured one!) but we all agreed that Krispy Kreme's still the best!
Had dinner tonight at the club (RLC) with my parents, small one and mum's friend + her kid. Her friend migrated over to the States since the 80s and it's an annually affair that they meet up and catch up. They were friends since primary school so you can sort of say that they've known each other for life. One day, I would like to maintain such friendships with my friends and still meet up even when we're 80! I stuffed myself silly with food because I barely spoke but one thing I can say, the kid has not heard of manners (a little laa). Generally speaking, it's sad to see kids nowadays all so spoilt - with no manners whatsoever. Hello, where has mannerism gone to? I loathe loathe loathe kids that act like brats. I'm sure many of you out there feel the same way too. And most unfortunately, I pity their parents. Because in the end, people will blame the parents - "Eh that fella ar, never teach the kids manners wan ar?" One example would be the one me, Daph and Caryn encountered at Ms Read last week. A kid was shouting and screaming away and his mum sat there laughing. Laughing. Did she think that her kid was cute? Sorry to say, it was darn fucking annoying. Everyone in the shop was staring at her table and she sort of went on giggling, like she was giving her kid some signal to continue screaming. If I ever have a kid, I will ensure that my kid wouldn't turn out to be a brat or one without manners. Parents who give in to their children all the time ought to be ashame of themselves! They shouldn't feel shy in using the cane.. Geez, look what my parents did to me! Aha yup, I got caned loads when I was young - and look at me now, I *DO* have manners, ok?
Ooops I digressed, the kid tonight wasn't entirely rude/absent with manners but to a certain extend, he was sorta annoying.. bratty.
******
Two Sundays back, the family had dinner at Unique seafood restaurant. We normally go to the one at Section 16 in PJ, but this time around, we decided to try their branch at Cheras. I always love the food there, it never fails me and this time around, we tried crabs where they fried it with salted egg! YUMMMMMMM. SOOOOOO good! Anyway, besides the crab, we had other yummylicious seafood but here's our staple - the lobster with wasabi. It's raw lobster, where they slice up the meat and we dip it in the japanese soya sauce + wasabi. Like eating sashimi? After eating the meat, they usually take the lobster in and chop it up into pieces and fry it with noodles. Always excellent. So much for cruelty against the animals. 

******
Alright then - been another long winded post. I better hit the sack now, going for Harry Potter tomorrow with my brother and sister at my second home!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home