Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Plog" 3: Weekend with the girls

Two Saturdays ago, Mayn woke me up at around 10am saying she'd drop by at 11am to pass me some stuff, before we were scheduled to head out for lunch. I was in the bathroom getting ready when she arrived, and little did I know, she bought two gifts for me - Jen and Melissa. The girls arrived from Gold Coast for a weekend visit, in conjunction with my 21st and also it being their first time here, a good time for them to explore Melbourne and have a relaxing weekend. Digressing, I was seriously in shock when I opened my bathroom door, to find three girls sitting right in front of the door, waving at me, smiling adoringly. I literally went from "" to "" to "".


Went downstairs to find a tupperware filled with homemade cupcakes (more!! and it looks a little messy because the plane hit turbulence!) from Jen, as well as a bunch of flowers and my present!

So, brought the girls to the city for a walk - and first thing Mayn and I did was to bring them to eat "yong tau fu", as requested. After lunch, we walked around for a bit before my next surprise came - a treat to a manicure and spa session! Yes, I'm pretty embarrassed to say this, but it was my first time trying out a manicure, so the manicurist kept telling me "you're pretty stiff, aren't you? Now why don't you relax, hun" The whole thing took about an hour or so and let me tell you, the back massage was one of the best I've EVER had! It was so relaxing that I literally fell asleep whilst the lady was rubbing my back - especially with the candles lighting up the room, the relaxing music and the massage oil.

After the treat, we walked around a bit more, got egg tarts from Chinatown, and headed home to rest and got changed for our dinner at night. This is the four of us, being silly and random inside Jay Jay's, trying on their ridiculous sunglasses, and making the boyfriend snap this for us. Heh.

It was a freakingggg late dinner at Koko (yeah about 10pm) but it was WORTH the wait, seriously. We indulged ourselves a little with the food, and I tried the beef tataki for appetiser and it was seriously mouth-watering. My main course was a three dish chicken set and it was also very very yummy but in terms of main course I thought Mayn's fish was the best. We ended the night by accompanying Jen and Edwin to the casino (and watched them bowl over the banker at Baccarat).

The next day, we woke up pretty early to have dim sum at Lucky Chan, again, at Crown. Albeit more pricey than Shark Fin Inn/House, I must say that dim sum there was pretty delicious. After breakfast, we headed to Chapel Street to do a little window shopping before heading home. Dinner was at Sydney Road's Bismi.

On their last day here, we had lunch in the city, at Chatterbox, before walking around the city to snap some pictures and enjoy the view/scenery. Above, we're pictured digging into our Churros (from Flinders' Street Station - the BEST churros I swear!) beside St. Paul's cathedral. Oy, it was so good. But fattening, without a doubt. And then time came, where we said our long goodbyes and it was time for Jen and Melissa to board their plane back to Gold Coast.

Thank you girlies for everything - the planning and everything, so perfect! I'm looking forward to our little reunion in December!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home