Home sweet home
Landed at about 9.15pm last night. Flight was pretty bumpy at certain areas and I was pestering my sis like a small lost puppy, to which she responded by saying, "SHUT UP LAH!"
. That aside, being at home feels great! The attention you get, the good food... just the feeling of being home is good enough.
Have quite a number of errands to run but I will try my very best to enjoy this three week break and spend quality time with my family and friends (and of course, binge eat).
I know I took longer than expected, but I have compiled up a number of events that happened throughout the semester in Melbourne:
First up was Eu Jin's 21st. He celebrated his birthday at Lavish on the weekend after we got back from KL (March 8th) and on his actual date, we ordered a 18-SX rated cake from BreadTop and surprised him at his apartment
.
Secondly, Edwin and I attended roomie's graduation (she deferred her graduation to March instead of December last year) in uni. It was a really joyous occasion, we even bought her flowers and the whole taking pictures and stuff really gave me some excitement for my own graduation this year end (*fingers crossed*). Also, the weather was still pretty hot so everyone got to dress up in their summer outfits and there was no rain... So it was a perfect day to graduate! She treated us all for dinner at Corettos thereafter, so thank you roomie!
Yin Yen also celebrated her 21st, but at Brighton Beach instead. It was super super super hot that day and we were all sweating like mad at the beach. We didn't know it was a beach event, so we didn't really dress appropriately for it (hint: bikinis) but yeah, we enjoyed ourselves very much (as you can see, from the pictures above) - great catered food, very delicious customised cupcakes and the scorching sun!
And then during Easter break, Edwin and I flew to Sydney for four days, in which we acted like total tourists, visiting all the landmarks and tourist areas. I took the chance to visit places that I missed out on during my last trip there, because I spent the last trip sacrificing those places for shopping with my mum instead
. We visited the Melbourne Aquarium on our first day and also parts of the city. On our second day, we went to the famous fish market and then proceeded to take a boat ride to the zoo. On the third day, we visited Circular Quay and Bondi Beach. Finally, on our last day there, we just hung around the city, exploring what Sydney has to offer.

Being me, I had to take pictures of the food we ate, so here goes:
On our first night, we settled for dinner at Pancakes @ The Rocks. Not really The Rocks, because we dined at the branch located at Darling Harbour. It was not too bad, something similar to Paddingtons and Pancake Parlour.
On our second day, we tried out the Sydney Fish Market and we spent quite a bulk there, trying out all the seafood they have: We had the seafood platter, which we customised (omitted the fries because it's a waste of space in your tummy), then Edwin had a box of sashimi and we shared a plate of stir fried pippis. Student life la, cannot afford to eat lobster noodles and abalone.
We also tried the famous Lindt cafe, and I must say, their hot chocolate is TO DIE FOR! Simply to die for! Edwin of course opted for the iced chocolate, but both were really good. We also took the time to look for Harris' pies and tried their famous pie with mashed potatoes and peas on it.
Lastly, we had dinner at Tony Roma's and uh, I settled for the french onion soup + appetizer whilst Edwin opted for the pork ribs. Not too bad, I think all Tony Roma's taste about the same wherever you are.
On the night we landed itself, we rushed off to Eve to celebrate May Lin's 21st birthday party. It was tiring but fun, but not so when your boyfriend drank a bit too much and puked. Ughhh. And on Sunday, we went to Glen Waverly to have hot pot. Yum.
We also had a little BBQ session at The Verve, Edwin and I were mainly in charge of the food, we bought loads of lamb and marinated chicken. We also had grilled mushrooms, coleslaw, garlic bread and hot dogs (served with cheese kransky). It was a fun-filled night, also a good chance for everyone to mingle around with one another.
After that was Faye's 21st birthday celebration, where we celebrated it at Melbourne Central's Partyworld. I am ashamed to say that it was my first time going for a karaoke session, but I enjoyed it very much, especially when we all sung (not so much of myself) from about 8pm to 3am straight!
Then we had Shaun's 21st, also held at Eve, another fun-filled night, where the birthday boy got totally smashed by everyone who offered him drinks non-stop. We had lots of fun, from drinking, to dancing (again, not so much of myself), to gossiping and then we ended the night by having McD for supper!
Hao Ern hosted a housewarming party (very late!) at his place on one random Saturday night. It was a pot luck party, so everyone had to bring something. Chor Yeow made his famous Klang BKT, whilst Pris and I made curries. The rest came with desserts and the host himself fried some very nice noodles! After that, everyone proceeded to play poker and the biggest winner went to Sally (lucky, lucky girl!). I wouldn't mind spending more nights like that, just eating and chilling with my friends, really, it's pretty relaxing. And fun.
Valerie hosted a surprise birthday party for Chi at her place, Freshwater's Place, and she booked the lounge area on the 41st floor, which had a superb chillout room, complete with a great view of the city. The theme was "black jack", so meaning that guests could only wear either clothes in red or black.
The next day, Chor Yeow also planned a surprise birthday party for Elaine, at his place, so we all hid at his place whilst he brought Elaine home from dinner and when she came in, she was really surprised and thankfully everything worked out as planned.
Finally, before we all started studying for finals, Sarah celebrated her 21st at her place, which I already blogged about earlier. Another night filled with so much fun and laughter.
Well, sorry for the lack of updates before this, and sorry for the short captions, I've been blogging for the past hour and it's really getting to me!! Gah! I'll update again with pictures from my sister's visit!
. That aside, being at home feels great! The attention you get, the good food... just the feeling of being home is good enough.Have quite a number of errands to run but I will try my very best to enjoy this three week break and spend quality time with my family and friends (and of course, binge eat).
I know I took longer than expected, but I have compiled up a number of events that happened throughout the semester in Melbourne:
First up was Eu Jin's 21st. He celebrated his birthday at Lavish on the weekend after we got back from KL (March 8th) and on his actual date, we ordered a 18-SX rated cake from BreadTop and surprised him at his apartment
.
Secondly, Edwin and I attended roomie's graduation (she deferred her graduation to March instead of December last year) in uni. It was a really joyous occasion, we even bought her flowers and the whole taking pictures and stuff really gave me some excitement for my own graduation this year end (*fingers crossed*). Also, the weather was still pretty hot so everyone got to dress up in their summer outfits and there was no rain... So it was a perfect day to graduate! She treated us all for dinner at Corettos thereafter, so thank you roomie!
Yin Yen also celebrated her 21st, but at Brighton Beach instead. It was super super super hot that day and we were all sweating like mad at the beach. We didn't know it was a beach event, so we didn't really dress appropriately for it (hint: bikinis) but yeah, we enjoyed ourselves very much (as you can see, from the pictures above) - great catered food, very delicious customised cupcakes and the scorching sun!
And then during Easter break, Edwin and I flew to Sydney for four days, in which we acted like total tourists, visiting all the landmarks and tourist areas. I took the chance to visit places that I missed out on during my last trip there, because I spent the last trip sacrificing those places for shopping with my mum instead
. We visited the Melbourne Aquarium on our first day and also parts of the city. On our second day, we went to the famous fish market and then proceeded to take a boat ride to the zoo. On the third day, we visited Circular Quay and Bondi Beach. Finally, on our last day there, we just hung around the city, exploring what Sydney has to offer.
Being me, I had to take pictures of the food we ate, so here goes:
On our first night, we settled for dinner at Pancakes @ The Rocks. Not really The Rocks, because we dined at the branch located at Darling Harbour. It was not too bad, something similar to Paddingtons and Pancake Parlour.
On our second day, we tried out the Sydney Fish Market and we spent quite a bulk there, trying out all the seafood they have: We had the seafood platter, which we customised (omitted the fries because it's a waste of space in your tummy), then Edwin had a box of sashimi and we shared a plate of stir fried pippis. Student life la, cannot afford to eat lobster noodles and abalone.
We also tried the famous Lindt cafe, and I must say, their hot chocolate is TO DIE FOR! Simply to die for! Edwin of course opted for the iced chocolate, but both were really good. We also took the time to look for Harris' pies and tried their famous pie with mashed potatoes and peas on it.
Lastly, we had dinner at Tony Roma's and uh, I settled for the french onion soup + appetizer whilst Edwin opted for the pork ribs. Not too bad, I think all Tony Roma's taste about the same wherever you are.
On the night we landed itself, we rushed off to Eve to celebrate May Lin's 21st birthday party. It was tiring but fun, but not so when your boyfriend drank a bit too much and puked. Ughhh. And on Sunday, we went to Glen Waverly to have hot pot. Yum.
We also had a little BBQ session at The Verve, Edwin and I were mainly in charge of the food, we bought loads of lamb and marinated chicken. We also had grilled mushrooms, coleslaw, garlic bread and hot dogs (served with cheese kransky). It was a fun-filled night, also a good chance for everyone to mingle around with one another.
After that was Faye's 21st birthday celebration, where we celebrated it at Melbourne Central's Partyworld. I am ashamed to say that it was my first time going for a karaoke session, but I enjoyed it very much, especially when we all sung (not so much of myself) from about 8pm to 3am straight!
Then we had Shaun's 21st, also held at Eve, another fun-filled night, where the birthday boy got totally smashed by everyone who offered him drinks non-stop. We had lots of fun, from drinking, to dancing (again, not so much of myself), to gossiping and then we ended the night by having McD for supper!
Hao Ern hosted a housewarming party (very late!) at his place on one random Saturday night. It was a pot luck party, so everyone had to bring something. Chor Yeow made his famous Klang BKT, whilst Pris and I made curries. The rest came with desserts and the host himself fried some very nice noodles! After that, everyone proceeded to play poker and the biggest winner went to Sally (lucky, lucky girl!). I wouldn't mind spending more nights like that, just eating and chilling with my friends, really, it's pretty relaxing. And fun.
Valerie hosted a surprise birthday party for Chi at her place, Freshwater's Place, and she booked the lounge area on the 41st floor, which had a superb chillout room, complete with a great view of the city. The theme was "black jack", so meaning that guests could only wear either clothes in red or black.
The next day, Chor Yeow also planned a surprise birthday party for Elaine, at his place, so we all hid at his place whilst he brought Elaine home from dinner and when she came in, she was really surprised and thankfully everything worked out as planned.
Finally, before we all started studying for finals, Sarah celebrated her 21st at her place, which I already blogged about earlier. Another night filled with so much fun and laughter.Well, sorry for the lack of updates before this, and sorry for the short captions, I've been blogging for the past hour and it's really getting to me!! Gah! I'll update again with pictures from my sister's visit!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home