Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mum

To the woman I love so much;

The one who taught me what was right and wrong; the one who would sacrifice her sleep just to make us breakfast; the one who literally became an unpaid chauffeur (voluntarily and involuntarily... at times) for twenty years?; the one who wakes up at 8am on a Sunday morning just so she could go to the market to buy the week's worth of food supply; the one who nags endlessly when we did something wrong; the one who introduced me to Vogue and Bazaar; the one who told me what was classy and tacky; the one who bought me books to read; the one who mentioned that super straight hair was ah lian (to make me ditch the idea of straightening my hair); the one who passed me her old designer bags; the one who told me to use more blusher because I looked pale in pictures (and ditch the bronzer); the one who advised me that skinny jeans look better unfolded; the one who suffers from my grandmother's wrath (paternal, mind you); the one who taught us how to lie (hehe from my grandmother and her neverending commands/wishes); the one who always told me that there are times you need to make certain decisions and stand by them, notwithstanding what other people said; the one who always assure me that as long as you are innocent, you shouldn't be afraid of what other people's opinion; the one who never fails to check on me from time-to-time; the one who was there for me at my lowest points in life; the one who brings us out for shopping and makan trips; the one who taught me how to eat my very first oyster at KL Tower's restaurant; the one who indulges us with Dome's bruschetta and Paddington's pancakes; the one who allowed us to go out and stay out late; the one who is fighting with me for Adam Levine's affection; the one who teases me about my boyfriend; the one who always try to satisfy my neverending cravings for food when I'm home; the one who taught me responsibility; the one who I look up to in life.....



... Happy birthday, mum. Sorry I couldn't celebrate your birthday with you (nevertheless, I heard you had a great cake from Miki Ojisan last night and your dinner at Chef's Choi tomorrow... hmmmph!) but I do hope you have a great one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home