blablabla
Warning: Loads of whining ahead
Arrived back in Melbourne on Sunday morning, went on possibly the worst flight ever... endured what seemed like a lifetime worth of turbulence (though in reality, it was only something like two?) as we flew above Singapore all the way to Darwin (damn Indonesia weather!)... it was so bad I felt sickly and I passed on my Magnum ice cream...
Sigh leaving home is possibly the worst thing that can ever happen to anyone
Sigh no one's gonna make my bed, do my laundry, iron my clothes, cook for me... it's all back to the "me, myself and I" kinda situation. You would think that boarding a plane for the ninth time back to Melbourne in three years, I would've gotten over the whole "leaving home" thing, but the truth is, I can't... and never will be able to I guess. As usual, the sister and brother dropped me outside the airport (and I did all the checking in myself and went down the escalator without having to look back at anyone and wave... and possibly tear up), which I think is a better idea because saying goodbye at home is easier than saying goodbye at the airport (hugging byebye takecare iloveyou all that shit). So usually when I first arrive back here I go into a "depression mood", or rather, a time where I get all anti-social and I just want to stay at home and be alone kinda thing... Sigh.
Third year's proving to be a real challenge, with job applications all open (and I haven't get started on my resume cover letter), and mind you, closing soon... and then having to think about life after university, professional papers, meeting and socialising with human beings (which I hate hate hate!) etc... On top of all that, the subjects ain't getting any easier either... Although, I would like to think that out of the four subjects I'm taking, only one's boring, because it's not my kinda subject and the lecturer reminds me of Lovelace from Happy Feet, but I digress... The others might be tough, but so far, I find them pretty interesting and hopefully, I'm able to bump up my bloody average and do better in my finance subjects... As much as I think finance subs are interesting, I've not been able to do very well... maybe it's because my level of understanding is extremely low or maybe I just don't get it at all. Oh well
Heaps to do - laundry, ironing, cleaning the house, packing... need to make a trip to Ikea which i dislike because of the journey (the tram ride!) and then lugging everything back but sigh what to do? A necessity is a necessity. And before I realise it, it's almost the end of the week (and the weekends for me because I have no class on Friday) and the sick cycle repeats itself yet again next week, the week after next blabla for twelve weeks.
Settling down and Melbourne business aside, the elections back home are looming and unfortunately, I'm not old enough to vote just yet (a few months shy) but my point of view in this upcoming elections? The government needs to improvise. We need politicians who are educated, who are able to really serve their constituency and not just people who are picked up from the village, or those who can't even converse proper Malay/English, or people who make racist/feminist comments in the parliament or people who take so much bribe that they can afford to build a palace bigger than the King's wtf. They need to look in to the needs of the people, not just their own (i.e securing their posts and being in power). People need to stop stereotyping and seriously, if everyone's a Malaysian then just treat everyone equally la. You don't need to have a "race" column in bills (*hint*Pizza Hut* - although they have since abolished it after the email being circulated around) and you don't need to keep smothering certain groups because they're blessed with brains, legs and hands like every other capable homo sapiens. Also, expand the media's freedom and our freedom of speech.. we don't need to hear the word ass/shit or whatever to be *bleeped* off the airwaves and for those conservatives who dislike the idea, just turn it off and don't listen/watch. You make such a big deal out of it that it makes me think that our country looks worst than certain Islamic ones. Obviously, I wouldn't want a certain party winning it because then, I think I can say byebye to my favourite Pavilion and other entertainment items/places because they'd shut it down yadayadayada and say that it's against their policy. Gross.
Whatever it is, had I been able to vote, I'd know who I want to vote for. Hopefully things get better back home.
Omfg why am I even talking about politics when it bores me to death?
(Although I think the American election is interesting)
Friday tomorrow. How time flies.
I need to cook soon.
Some random pictures up soon when I get the time and when I fully settle down.
To those whom I've managed to meet back home, thanks for taking your time to meet up with me. To those whom I didn't manage to meet, I'm sorry (no car la!) and I promise we'd catch up the next time round.
Sigh I wanna go home.
Arrived back in Melbourne on Sunday morning, went on possibly the worst flight ever... endured what seemed like a lifetime worth of turbulence (though in reality, it was only something like two?) as we flew above Singapore all the way to Darwin (damn Indonesia weather!)... it was so bad I felt sickly and I passed on my Magnum ice cream...
Sigh leaving home is possibly the worst thing that can ever happen to anyone
Sigh no one's gonna make my bed, do my laundry, iron my clothes, cook for me... it's all back to the "me, myself and I" kinda situation. You would think that boarding a plane for the ninth time back to Melbourne in three years, I would've gotten over the whole "leaving home" thing, but the truth is, I can't... and never will be able to I guess. As usual, the sister and brother dropped me outside the airport (and I did all the checking in myself and went down the escalator without having to look back at anyone and wave... and possibly tear up), which I think is a better idea because saying goodbye at home is easier than saying goodbye at the airport (hugging byebye takecare iloveyou all that shit). So usually when I first arrive back here I go into a "depression mood", or rather, a time where I get all anti-social and I just want to stay at home and be alone kinda thing... Sigh.Third year's proving to be a real challenge, with job applications all open (and I haven't get started on my resume cover letter), and mind you, closing soon... and then having to think about life after university, professional papers, meeting and socialising with human beings (which I hate hate hate!) etc... On top of all that, the subjects ain't getting any easier either... Although, I would like to think that out of the four subjects I'm taking, only one's boring, because it's not my kinda subject and the lecturer reminds me of Lovelace from Happy Feet, but I digress... The others might be tough, but so far, I find them pretty interesting and hopefully, I'm able to bump up my bloody average and do better in my finance subjects... As much as I think finance subs are interesting, I've not been able to do very well... maybe it's because my level of understanding is extremely low or maybe I just don't get it at all. Oh well

Heaps to do - laundry, ironing, cleaning the house, packing... need to make a trip to Ikea which i dislike because of the journey (the tram ride!) and then lugging everything back but sigh what to do? A necessity is a necessity. And before I realise it, it's almost the end of the week (and the weekends for me because I have no class on Friday) and the sick cycle repeats itself yet again next week, the week after next blabla for twelve weeks.
Settling down and Melbourne business aside, the elections back home are looming and unfortunately, I'm not old enough to vote just yet (a few months shy) but my point of view in this upcoming elections? The government needs to improvise. We need politicians who are educated, who are able to really serve their constituency and not just people who are picked up from the village, or those who can't even converse proper Malay/English, or people who make racist/feminist comments in the parliament or people who take so much bribe that they can afford to build a palace bigger than the King's wtf. They need to look in to the needs of the people, not just their own (i.e securing their posts and being in power). People need to stop stereotyping and seriously, if everyone's a Malaysian then just treat everyone equally la. You don't need to have a "race" column in bills (*hint*Pizza Hut* - although they have since abolished it after the email being circulated around) and you don't need to keep smothering certain groups because they're blessed with brains, legs and hands like every other capable homo sapiens. Also, expand the media's freedom and our freedom of speech.. we don't need to hear the word ass/shit or whatever to be *bleeped* off the airwaves and for those conservatives who dislike the idea, just turn it off and don't listen/watch. You make such a big deal out of it that it makes me think that our country looks worst than certain Islamic ones. Obviously, I wouldn't want a certain party winning it because then, I think I can say byebye to my favourite Pavilion and other entertainment items/places because they'd shut it down yadayadayada and say that it's against their policy. Gross.
Whatever it is, had I been able to vote, I'd know who I want to vote for. Hopefully things get better back home.
Omfg why am I even talking about politics when it bores me to death?
(Although I think the American election is interesting)Friday tomorrow. How time flies.
I need to cook soon.
Some random pictures up soon when I get the time and when I fully settle down.
To those whom I've managed to meet back home, thanks for taking your time to meet up with me. To those whom I didn't manage to meet, I'm sorry (no car la!) and I promise we'd catch up the next time round.
Sigh I wanna go home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home